Faculty, graduate students, and YOU are encouraged to attend the upcoming virtual panel discussion, “Open Access: Redefining Impact,” hosted by the Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition and World Bank to help kick-off Open Access Week, October 21-27, 2013.
Among the topics to be discussed are Article Level Metrics (ALM’s) and changing the way scholarly communication is measured. The Libraries will be showing the live webcast in Beaumier Suite A on Monday, October 21 from 2 to 3 PM.
Heather Joseph, Executive Director of SPARC, will host guest speakers:
- Dr. Stefano Bertuzzi, Executive Director of the American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB)
- Brett Bobley, Chief Information Officer for the National Endowment for the Humanities
- Dr. Kathleen Fitzpatrick, Director of Scholarly Communication of the Modern Language Association
- Dr. Cameron Neylon, Advocacy Director for Public Library of Science
- Dr. Michael Stebbins, Assistant Director for Biotechnology in the Science Division of the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy